Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Feast your Eyes

motivatedphotos.com

The photo above speaks to me about what a guy would do for a lady. Never mind she's in the same uniform, or appears to be in the "same boat" as them; she still deserves some chivalry, no matter how outrageous.

I think that it's a bit overkill in the demonstrative department, although it is cool to look at. Would a bunch of guys really do this? No - the whole group of them would walk down 30 feet where that mud puddle is standard run of the mill mud, and walk across. But you know - this is just more fun.

Bloom65.com

Here's what not to do, guys. A leisurely stroll while your woman hauls six cases of beer doesn't make you the man...it makes you an idiot. Just sayin.
I'm sure that no guy would really do this to his lady friend. I smell a gross exaggeration! No matter - it's great propaganda for me.
This photo may be set up, it may be real. Either way, does this guy look like someone Mom would want to meet? I didn't think so either.

www.experienceproject.com

This guy here seems to have the right idea. Is she still going to get soaked? Yes. Will he fill those boots with rain from mother earth? Yes. It's the gesture that counts, attempting to carry his girl while simultaneously shielding her from the rain. I don't see any houses in sight - looks like this guy has a way to goand she won't likely forget it!
I think this shot is the real deal, and either friends of the couples shot a quick photo while they mocked and laughed, or someone was just so struck by the lengths this guy will go to for her that they just had to document it. 

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are great! They really spoke to your topic well. The picture I really liked because you are right. It doesn't matter that this woman is in the same uniform as the men, she still deserves to be treated with chivalry because she is a woman. Men in todays day and age have no idea what chivalry is. Even the little things aren't done anymore, opening a car door, letting the woman walk on the inside of the side walk when walking down the street. Letting the woman order first when at a restaurant. I mean these are the things that are small, but that do matter. The second picture makes me really angry as a woman. I hope this isn't the womans husband or boyfriend, because if it is this woman needs to end it ASAP! How dare men honestly. I think something that would add a different perspective to your paper, would to write about how woman today don't expect their guys to treat them with chivalry. How it has kind of become the norm for a man to treat a woman like property instead of something that should be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your images are fun to look at! They show a number of different kinds of chivalry, and lack thereof. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall: You're right, it is the little things that count! I think these little things are so lost in generations that it shocks me when a guy holds a door or something for me. Sad, eh?

    Ms. Krebs: Thanks! I found quite a few images, but these were my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete